Energy renovations made easy for homeowners
Reference: The Danish Energy Agency
How do you get Danes to make energy renovations? By making difficult decisions easy. Together with The Danish Energy Agency, Viegand Maagøe guides homeowners through energy renovations at public meetings, on Facebook, by email and over the phone.
The project: Disseminating knowledge about energy renovations
For this assignment, we applied Viegand Maagøe’s unique combination of communication expertise and technical energy knowledge to turn the homeowners’ thoughts of energy renovations into action.
The campaign disseminates knowledge about SparEnergi.dk and focuses on coherence in message and visual identity.
Viegand Maagøe has been responsible for:
- Participating in more than 300 public meetings, webinars, and open events in more than 80 municipalities
- Press material about the public meetings
- Impartial and free guidance by email, over the phone and through Facebook
- Additional guidance around the opening of the government grant Bygningspulje
- Developing the chatbot Joulie for SparEnergi.dk
- Creating printed materials about the energy solutions
- Spreading awareness about the guide service through, e.g. digital advertising
Communication is continuously adjusted across channels to accommodate different segments’ barriers and motivations for energy renovation. The adjustments are based on energy anthropological analyses of the segments.
We help the municipalities with segmentation of participants, sending out invitations, and the practical execution of events. Our energy consultants are in charge of the professional presentations, and they participate in festivals and fairs focused on energy and sustainability.
The results: Satisfied citizens and more renovations
6-12 months after a public meeting organised by Viegand Maagøe, participants receive surveys. These surveys show that:
- 37% of participants and homeowners have completed one or more energy renovations after the public meeting
- The participants have in average completed 1.4 initiatives equivalent of approx. 10.000 kWh/year
- 94 % are satisfied or very satisfied with the events
Estimated total savings:20 m. kWh/year 5.100 tonnes CO2