Communication for new mental health foundation
How do you set the tone for a new mental health foundation when focus is on a societal taboo? With an ambitious plan for communication and focus on execution.
Viegand Maagøe assisted the pension company Norliv (today Velliv Foreningen) with a number of initiatives, including communication strategy, digital platform, press and SoMe.
How we completed the assignment
In close cooporation with the newly created secretariat in the company, Viegand Maagøe solved several tasks regarding digital communication about mental health.
The project included:
- Developing a more user-friendly website
- Establishing channels on social media and creating content
- Developing and executing a communication strategy
- Analysing stakeholders and insights
- Planning, developing and execution of press releases and stories about mental health
- Improving and arranging meetings for members
- Producing physical materials such as folders for members and an annual report
- Advising about the development of an application system.
Norliv/Velliv has had a successful start with positive attention in the press (Berlingske and FinansWatch e.g.) and from the stakeholders when the organisation opened for applications.
In six months we obtained strong gains for Norliv:
- Up to 5 times as many visitors on the website (from around 4.000 monthly up to 15-20.000)
- 1/3 more subscribers (from 15.546 to 20.492)
- 6 times as many subscribers for the newsletter for professional experts (from 96 to 575).
With a solid basis for communication on digital and analogue platforms Velliv Foreningen was well prepared for opening up for the first applications and engage in conversations with the press and stakeholders.